It is with great sadness that I must say, rest in peace, Alan. This community will continue. I encourage people to post photos, share stories, and generally share uplifting posts relating to Alan. Should there be a memorial or any pop shots of his friends or family those are NOT welcome here. His friends and family deserve your respect, as does any person, who is grieving the loss of a loved one.
Welcome to the best Alan Rickman Community on livejournal!
This is a place for fans to share news, pictures, stories, and anything really related to, the actor, Alan Rickman. I ask that no one come here with gossip. If you feel so inclined to speak about the personal, private parts of his life, you should create your own community to do it in. Those sorts of things aren't considered public domain to me. If you'd like to talk about his hair, outfits, movie roles, inspirations, possible new projects, a dream you had about him, how you met him, or basically anything relating to his physical appearance or entertainment career, be my guest. But discussing a person's personal life (family, friends, religion, sexual preference) shouldn't be done here. Any flaming posts will be deleted, and the trolls banned. Consider yourself warned.
Onto the rules:
1) READ THE RULES!! So that I don't have to scold you later for doing something that is clearly stated as NOT allowed, right here in the user info.
2) There is no limit on the number of pictures you can post in a day, however, beyond the first photo I would like the rest to be placed behind a cut. (So as not to kill our friend's lists.)
3) Please ask before advertising here. I'm not opposed to it (as long is as it is Alan Rickman related.) But do ask first.
4) Any photos that are simply "not work safe" should always be placed behind a cut.
5) We don't require you list a source, but if you know the source, please do list it. Some of us save at random. This is the internet. While I believe in the law of copyright, let me repeat, this IS the internet. I don't expect complete documentation.
6) We don't encourage the circulation of paparazzi type photos, so please don't post those here. It's hard sometimes to deem a photo that was allowed to be taken and one that wasn't. (Especially with all of the fan-taken photos.) But out of respect, just don't post anything you think could be of a personal or private nature. (Just to clarify, this includes shopping, eating, and much much more. Use common sense, please.) DO NOT TRY TO DEBATE THIS ISSUE! You're entitled to your opinion on the subject but arguing is pointless and will only result in you being banned.
And last but certainly not least, have fun. This is a meeting place for those of us who share a common interest. All opinions and view points are welcome here.